Candidate has over 25 years of successful frontline management experience in a production environment. Their exposure to a diverse range of manufacturing operations and business models allows him to easily assimilate into new environments and quickly be off and running. Candidate is looking for a rewarding role as a Manufacturing or Production Supervisor at a growing, solid company with a high level of integrity.
Some of his skills and qualifications include the following:
- Strong technical knowledge of manufacturing, processes, mechanics, and mechanical systems.
- Effective communicator, good interpersonal skills, effective team builder
- Project planning and execution
- Strong business acumen
- Application of cost containment
- Affects profitability through productivity and process refinement.
- Technical problem solving
- Strong team/group leadership
- Candidate led the development of safety guidelines for grinding wheels and equipment, machinery guarding, and grinding practices that drove the incident and loss rate to zero.
- In the course of ISO certification, wrote the process documentation, established the quality metrics to be part of the Quality Management System, and created the process controls necessary for two business segments of the Company.
- As leader of a small task group, planned and managed the transfer of the fastener and component division to facilities in Texas, Mexico and China. Candidate was responsible for the knowledge transfer, initial tool-up, rigging and transportation of over 250 tons of machinery, and providing uninterrupted customer supply and support for a $25 mil business segment.
ENGINEERING & DEVELOPMENT
- Developed a high volume secondary machining operation for small automotive shafts. This included original specification and purchase of 6 CNC turning centers, design and acquisition of custom robotic loaders, and the development of a small bore deep hole drilling step which reduced cycle time from 5 minutes to 30 seconds per part and reduced tool changes by 50%.